خال جوش ( بخش دوم )
Why Are Tack Welds Important?
The temporary nature of tack welds may give the false impression that the quality of these auxiliary joining aids is not as important as that of final weld and that this operation doesn't have to be properly programmed, performed, and inspected. This is not true.
Tack welding is real welding, even if the welds are deposited in separate short beads. It performs the following functions:
• Holds the assembled components in place and establishes their mutual location
• Ensures their alignment
• Complements the function of a fixture, or permits its removal, if necessary
• Controls and contrasts movement and distortion during welding
• Sets and maintains the joint gap
• Temporarily ensures the assembly's mechanical strength against its own weight if hoisted, moved, manipulated, or overturned